Invisalign™ Clear Orthodontics
Invisalign™ clear orthodontic treatment is a procedure that uses Invisalign™, which are clear aligners that are made from almost clear and invisible polyurethane plastic. This is an orthodontic treatment that’s become an increasingly popular alternative to traditional metal braces, especially for adults. It’s a system that’s used to straighten teeth by using a series of clear removable aligners.
By far, the most popular advantage of Invisalign™ clear aligners is the fact that they aren’t cemented or bonded onto the patient’s teeth like you’d have with traditional metal braces. Because of this, clear aligners are completely removable for important social occasions such as eating or going to the opera! Plus, this feature also makes it easier for patients to brush and floss their teeth. But, this advantage can also pose a disadvantage as it may tempt patients to take out their aligners more than what is advised by their dentist.
The Advantages Of Invisalign™ Clear Orthodontic Treatment:
- Comfort – Invisalign™ is made of a soft and flexible material so it won’t irritate the soft tissues of the mouth like you typically get from metal wires and braces.
- Discreet – If you don’t think that you’ll look good with traditional braces or if you want to keep your orthodontic treatment a private matter, this practically invisible form of orthodontic treatment will suit you best.
- Improved Oral Hygiene – Because clear aligners are removable, you will be able to brush and especially, floss your teeth more completely compared to your access between teeth that traditional braces restrict.
- More Food Choices – Unlike metal wires and braces, with Invisalign™ you won’t have to forego many of your favorite crispy or sticky foods such as apples and pizza.
- Protection Against Teeth Grinding – If you have a habit of grinding or clenching your teeth, your clear aligners can protect your teeth from excessive wear.
How Invisalign™ Works
Invisalign™ clear aligners work in the same way as traditional braces by applying carefully controlled forces that move teeth into their desired alignment and position. But, instead of being made of metal, they are made with clear, flexible plastic.
This treatment involves the use of specialized computer software that helps Dr. Paal design a plan that will move your teeth from their current positions into the best possible alignment. This movement is divided into different stages and each stage will make use of two plastic mouth trays or aligners. One tray will go over your top teeth while the other will be fitted on your lower teeth.
The length of time for full treatment will depend on how far your teeth need to be moved, but as a general rule, Invisalign™ does it’s work in a much shorter amount of time than traditional braces.
If you have been considering straightening crooked or crowded teeth, Dr. Paal can give you a realistic idea about how that can be done for you. Give Dr. Paal a call or simply request an appointment using the online appointment app on the right side of this page. You don’t have to put up with a crooked smile any longer.